Hey everyone! Welcome back to another episode of the college diaries. I just finished my second day of my second semester of freshman year. Since it's a new semester I thought it would be appropriate to continue the College Diaries! So let's get started!











Superthumb




Superthumb




Superthumb














~college diaries~

by @choco__lemon






Follow








check out the rest of the series here

Semester 2 Schedule


book, aesthetic, and sleeping beauty image

Classes I'm taking:


  • Oral Communication

basically just public speaking class, required for my major and career


college, notes, and school image
  • Organic Chemistry + Lab

Sadly I have to take this very difficult class and while I don't hate chemistry I find it hard.


outfit, aesthetic, and black image
  • Biology: Genetics

I have always been interested in genetics and the professor seems really interesting. I also have friends in this class.


Image by Jarbas Jacare
  • Epidemiology

Taking this for my second degree (Public Health Science). I thought it would be about disease but my professor says it's more of a math course. Still excited though!


I'm also taking a lecture for my program but it's a pretty meh class so I didn't feel like including it.


Goals for Semester 2


aesthetic, drink, and girl image

My main goal is to take better care of my mental health since I was a wreck last semester... constantly homesick, felt like having a mental breakdown every day, so stressed I couldn't eat or sleep well. I don't want that to happen again this semester.


spotify image

Second, grades. I would like to get As in all my classes except Organic Chemistry where my goal is just to get a B. Even a B- will do. I just want to avoid getting a C and settle for a B.


Thoughts so far


Image by Eden

To be honest, I like all my professors. My chemistry teacher has a reputation for being a very hard teacher but he seems pretty kind and helpful. My communication teacher is so laid back it's crazy. My bio teacher is a really interesting British guy- he's passionate about his work and is entertaining. Finally, my epidemiology teacher is very kind and approachable.


book, coffee, and desk image

So far, so good! I have yet to interact with my TAs or my lab instructors, but fingers crossed they'll be good too!


Honestly, it's only four days in and I miss my family so much. Also I haven't been eating much or sleeping well since I got here (our dining hall food is not very good and I have trouble digesting it). I also haven't been able to workout much at all. So I could be better health wise.


Even so, it's not a bad start to the semester. Looking on the bright side for now!


Things to look forward to


juice, smoothie, and starbucks drinks image
  • going to a cafe on Saturday with my roommate and her boyfriend
  • meeting my peer mentor group again (they're all pretty nice)
  • getting to study at cafes and the library
  • getting ice cream at our uni ice cream shop

And that is all for this episode! Hope you're all doing well.


<3

choco lemon











Superthumb




Superthumb




Superthumb














~my articles~

by @choco__lemon






Follow








for more articles like this one