Photo credits go to Ian Schneider at https://unsplash.com/


ღ My last "New Year's Resolutions" post for 2018 really helped me shape that year. With 2021 coming to an end, I've decided to log back into this platform and create another source of inspo for this upcoming year.


ღ I've found that in order to achieve any goal, it is necessary to state the purpose/the meaning/the wished outcome for each goal. And to read them over and over again from time to time to stay focused on what you want. This is why, along the titles of each resolution, I'll write a brief description on why I want to do them in the first place.


My goals for 2022:


* Take 1-hour walks every day


☞ This simple exercise has proven to be super good for your health, and since I've dropped sports because of college, I want to incorporate this new routine to remain healthy :)

☞ I'll start with 30-minute walks twice a week. Then I'll level up the pace by five days a week. Finally, I'll be able to walk for at least one hour every day. Persistency is key. Also slowly escalating is the key to success.


discover, fitness, and walk imageexercise, airpods, and health image

* Read 12 books


☞ Reading is how I exercise my mind.

☞ I set this goal for every new year, but I'm determined to actually achieve it in 2022.


aesthetic, blond hair, and autumn imageaesthetic, book, and bookish image

* Maintain my 3.8 GPA in college


☞ I'd like to do an exchange program that my university offers for four months and one of the requirements is to have an accumulated GPA of 3.5 or higher so ;)


college, desk, and inspo imageart, beige, and student image

* Journal every day


☞ Writing is my favorite way of expressing my feelings and thoughts. It always manages to clear my head. I surely need more of that in my life so yeah :)

☞ With this daily habit I won't start slow. I'll go straight to writing every day. If I'm not in the mood, I'll at least write one word in my diary, but I'll move my hand to incorporate the habit.

☞ I also want to scrapbook more often.


aesthetic, vintage, and aesthetics imageart journal, journaling, and scrapbook image

* Learn a new healthy recipe


☞ Healthy food = healthy life, das why.

☞ I've been doing a healthy banana pancake I found on Pinterest like 1 year and a half ago that has led me to learn more healthy easy breakfast recipes through out the year, but I eventually stopped. So I want to get back at it.


banana, food, and healthy imagebreakfast, green, and health image
Healthy banana pancakes recipe: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/517421444687080959/

* Save money


☞ I want to save money because I want to start buying my own things.

☞ I'll open another bank account to store money. I won't touch that money 'cause it'll be my whole savings.


black, new years eve, and quotes imagegreen, money, and mula image

I promise to revisit these goals and attach them to my daily basis in order to achieve them <3



That's it for now. If I come up with new resolutions I'll just add them here.


happy holidays and lots of love!


Written by María José Mateo.


All rights reserved to the author.