*This poem is originally written by me.


He walks to the store

So gently and so hot

Looking like a Roman soldier

With a tie all over

My heart is jumping

And my coffee is getting hotter

With every staring we share


Everything is turning beige

Croissants are turning pink

The love is in the air

And is written in golden ink

While he looks at me

I can only tell him I like him by a wink

And suddenly everything is just beige

My coffee tastes like stars

The sky is opening

Blue is the new meaning of happiness now

So gently and so hot

Oh, he is such a cosmic latte!


He sits next to my table

The world seems to calm down

But the store turns into chocolates tones

My coffee tastes like a whole galaxy now

He just ask for a latte

Like any American would do


Everything is turning beige

The blue skies are turning red

Dawn is approaching so fast

Like a blurry line

But I know my love is so sweet

I can feel it through my coffee

And he looks at me, latte in his hands

Croissants are replaced by multicolor doughnuts

Although I asked for macaroons

Cuz I ain't from Paris

But he likes me like a French man

Oh, he is such a cosmic latte!


Kiss me under the tower

Take me to museums

Let me see the art you are

Let me taste your flavor

Deep in my heart, my beige heart

I know you are my cosmic latte!


Just so you know, yes! I'm currently watching "Emily in Paris" and oh, gosh, I want to be in Paris so bad! I've always wanted that since I knew the existance of the Louvre, since I met Blair Waldorf while being a kid and now in my almost adulthood with Lily Collins, such a fashionista! And of course, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, because, hey, I love Ladybug and Catnoir, their never ending love story and Paris being saved by them. Isn't this city just beautiful?


And cliché, but who doesn't love a good cliché? Our lives are made by them. All of those words above has nothing to do with me wanting to date an American man in a French style, I swear. It's about beige and about how, at my 19 years old, I just found out that the color of the universe is beige! The exact color? Is called "cosmic latte". When was this found? In 2002, the year I was born. So, I pretty much wanted to say this: beige is one of my favorite colors, and is the universe who made that possible by making me born in that year!



I'm addicted to coffee, I swear. Is the most wonderful thing that could come out of a plant, besides oxygen and nature right? It's sweet and it's bitter (Blood, Sweat and Tears by BTS - Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve). It makes you dream about a whole world where coffee is the only friend you have. And yes, coffee is a dark beige or dark nude, sometimes even brown or the original black. But most of the food you eat with coffee are beige, because breads are different tones of it. Or colorful like sweet treats. Either way, not even the Gilmore Girls can beat me on coffee addiction. I took that from both of my parents, but mostly my dad. We really do share this love.


And what does the city, those TV series, color beige and coffee has to do with the poem? Absolutely nothing and everything at the same time. I can't imagine a more cliche story than the one where everything is aesthetically pleasant to the eyes, in a place that is known for being the city of love and passion, with a company that behaves like a rebel and a drink that is capable of making you feel better and free, tasting like galaxies. Because you can't unsee the fact that cosmic latte is actually your color, the universe's color as well.


Cosmic latte for me, is that coffee that tastes delicious, that person whose simple presence is powerful enough to feel like a teen in love. Cosmic latte means love for me. For the aesthetic of beige, such a natural and warm color that makes you feel like home. That reminds you of the sand and stones, of coffee and the papers of an old book, of cream and cakes, of skins and nails, of the universe as it is.


🤎


This is where I write poems, if you would like to read mor of them: https://www.wattpad.com/story/255720877?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=story_info&wp_page=story_details_button&wp_uname=alexandrasw_&wp_originator=9%2FzgVvFxF7dGnyJ1TvBXP6I18YsFvLvqVFJ2GczZrJ2oCQ0dG3ma8DTjojTJLONH%2BzENaO6r4IO9Dk1fb6rkj227NJD8z8IFSI8lyINRsTreVY%2BT7vQpzTMRJ5PcLGZi

Thank you! 🌺