Hi there!


I don't know if anyone is interested in any of these, but I'd like to sum up my readings of 2021. I read exactly 60 books according to my list ( I do not have a goodreads acc) that did not contain most of my compulsory school reads (there were quite a few, around 3-4 100 or so paged books so that adds a little bit).


This is gonna be a list of my favourite books of 2021.


1. The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood


coffee, fashion, and girls imageImage by fitnessinspiration45

Now that was the last book I read in 2021, the next one I started in 2021 but finished a week later that was already 2022. Time is insane.

But, the book was a true masterpiece. I loved the academia background, fake-dating, grumpy and sunshine an all those best tropes ever made. It was a relaxing read, I literally could not put it down.


And now, can we please have a moment to appreciate Dr. Adam Carlsen? Thank you.


2. The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo


autumn, fall, and city imageanalog, millie, and photographer image

I read this book around November or early December I think. It was about a girl Lucy and a guy named Gabe. They met on 9/11 in NYC and years later they became a couple but they had different dreams and Gabe moved to Iraq because of his photographer job and left Lucy. This is basically a story of true unfulfilled love. Lucy moves on with her life, marries a nice guy, have kids and so on, but she's always thinking about Gabe and the thing they had. Even though she loved Gabe with all her heart she let him go to live his dreams. They love each other so much, Gabe visits her mutiple times during the book and it is written in such a powerful beautiful way. It is kind of Lucy talking directly to Gabe during the whole book, because of the ending.



I cannot stop thinking about this book since I read it.


3. From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata


fight, figure skating, and hard work imagebeautiful, roses, and flowergirl image

Now I became a huge fan of Mariana Zapata. I read half of her books during last year and I'm planning on reading the rest of them. I loved all her books with all my heart but I think Lukov was my favourite read.

This is a story about Jasmine a figure skater and Ivan a world champion pair figure skate. Jasmine was a solo then she started skating with a partner that left her. And Ivan is in need of a partner so he and his manager convinces Jasmine to skate with him although they are arch enemies. They hate each other during the first half of the book that was so funny to read, then slowly became partners, friends and lovers like on the last 50 pages.


It's enemies to lovers, fake dating, sports romance not to mention it is a slow burn, basically everything a good book needs.


4. All your perfects by Colleen Hoover


juyeon and the boyz imagecouple, love, and beach image

I thought I didn't like Colleen Hoover, I did not like It Ends With Us, I did not really like November 9, they were fine but nothing special to me. I liked Ugly Love, and I LOVED All Your Perfects. It reminded me so much of the relationship of Gabe and Lucy from The Light We Lost, this was also such a powerful story, a realistic one, with realistic problems. Two people who you see falling in love and falling out of love during the book. I cannot recommend it enough such a beautiful story of accepting, loving, growing and learning.


5. Red White And Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston


architecture, black and white, and capitol building imagegood morning london and Buckingham palace image

I almost forgot this masterpiece of a book. I could not stop thinking about this book after I finished.

So this one is about Alex the First Son of the US and Prince Henry, Prince of England. Alex is the son of the first female president of the US and well Henry is the Prince of England and they hate each other so much, they get into conflicts and stuffs like that. But of course they are well known people so the media follows them. In order to make it seem there is a great relationship between them they parents forces them to hang out attend to events together etc... until they eventually became friends and so much more than that.

I will not spoiler it even more, your homework now is to go read it because everyone needs it in their life.


Honourable mentions:


the deal, off campus, and elle kennedy imageelle kennedy, the deal, and off campus image

Most of the books I read I liked very much, but probably these were the most powerful ones, that meant the most to me. Although I read several ones I could not put down that I need to mention.


- the Off Campus series by Elle Kennedy, because this actually made me such a huge hockey fan

- also the Briar U series by Elle Kennedy, the Him series, and the WAGs series

- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me -it was my first MZ book

- all the other ones I read by MZ: Kulti, Wait for it, Hands Down, Dear Aaron

-Where ​the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, such beautiful descriptions however I did not like the crime side of the story


hockey, tuck, and john tucker imagecaptain, g, and hockey imagehockey, logan, and off campus imagebook, dean, and hockey image